May. 17, 2013 -- Healthcare reform in Massachusetts did not increase overall use of inpatient resources, but other states may not be so lucky, researchers found.
May. 16, 2013 -- Vitamin C supplements didn't lower uric acid levels in patients with gout when given either alone or in combination with allopurinol, an open-label pilot study showed.
May. 15, 2013 -- SILVER SPRING, Md. -- The biologic drug golimumab (Simponi) may be used to treat moderate to severe ulcerative colitis, the FDA said Wednesday.
May. 15, 2013 -- Opioid use, particularly long-term use, may be associated with erectile dysfunction and low testosterone, researchers found.
May. 14, 2013 -- NEW ORLEANS College students who were victims of abuse or even witnessed physical, psychological, or sexual abuse were more likely to seek medical attention, researchers reported here.
May. 14, 2013 -- NEW ORLEANS The controversial agent tanezumab, which was once put on an FDA regulatory hold, offered durable reduction of chronic low back pain, a long-term safety and efficacy study showed.
May. 11, 2013 -- NEW ORLEANS Nearly 19 million older adults in the U.S. reported bothersome pain in the previous month, according to researchers here.
May. 10, 2013 -- Ilaris, a monoclonal antibody targeting interleukin-1beta, has been approved for the treatment of systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis), the manufacturer announced.
May. 6, 2013 -- NEW ORLEANS The emerging science of imaging pain will take center stage at the upcoming American Pain Society (APS) meeting here from May 8-11.
May. 5, 2013 -- WASHINGTON Rituximab given as adjunctive therapy to children with antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis dramatically lowered the dosage of cyclophosphamide needed for treatment, researchers said here.
May. 5, 2013 -- The arthritis drug tocilizumab was approved to treat polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) in children as young as 2. Also this week: more SARS-like virus infections strike in Saudi Arabia.
May. 3, 2013 -- PHOENIX Treatment with a recombinant human parathyroid hormone may reduce the need for calcium and vitamin D requirements in patients diagnosed with hypoparathyroidism, researchers reported here.
May. 1, 2013 -- Patients who undergo total knee replacement are at substantial risk for weight gain in the 5 years after the surgery, a large retrospective study showed.
May. 1, 2013 -- Few rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with abatacept (Orencia) developed immunogenic responses that could interfere with efficacy and safety of the biologic agent, an international study found.
Apr. 29, 2013 -- BIRMINGHAM, England -- Most patients with psoriatic arthritis responded well to a first-line biologic, but for many of those who didn't initially respond, switching to another agent proved beneficial, a researcher reported here.
Rheumatology Book Store page 1 of 6 »
Rheumatology, 2-Volume Set: EXPERT CONSULT - ENHANCED ONLINE FEATURES AND PRINT, 5e see details » « hide
Consistently lauded for its comprehensiveness and full-color color presentation, the latest edition of Rheumatology by Marc C. Hochberg, MD, MPH et al. continues the tradition of excellence of previous editions. Designed to meet the needs of the practicing clinician, it provides extensive, authoritative coverage of rheumatic disease from basic scientific principles to practical points of clinical management in a lucid, logical, user-friendly manner. Access the complete contents online - fully searchable with links to PubMed and CrossRef, outcome measurement tools, classification criteria, self assessment tools, and more.
- Find the critical answers you need quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, highly user-friendly format covering all major disorders of the musculoskeletal system in complete, self-contained chapters.
Get trusted perspectives and insights from chapters co-authored by internationally renowned leaders in the field, 25% of whom are new to this edition.
- Track disease progression and treat patients more effectively with the most current information, including 22 new chapters on genetic findings, imaging outcomes, and cell and biologic therapies as well as rheumatoid arthritis and SLE.
- Incorporate the latest findings about pathogenesis of disease; imaging outcomes for specific diseases like RA, osteoarthritis, and spondyloarthropathies; cell and biologic therapies; and other timely topics.
Search the full text online at expertconsult.com with a downloadable image collection, outcome measurement tools, classification criteria, self assessment tools, and more.
Fully revised, the new edition of the celebrated Hochberg is a must-have for every rheumatologist.
A Clinician's Pearls & Myths in Rheumatology see details » « hide
Tarascon Pocket Rheumatologica see details » « hide
Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology: Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print, 2-Volume Set, 9e see details » « hide
Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology delivers the state-of-the-art scientific and clinical know-how you need to offer your patients the most effective diagnosis and care. This rheumatology book's sweeping updates highlight current advances and breakthroughs that impact your practice. With Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology, you'll be ready to handle the toughest clinical challenges you face.
- Search the entire contents online at www.expertconsult.com, download all of images, and watch videos demonstrating the complete musculoskeletal exam, including abnormal findings and the arthroscopic presentation of diseased joints.
- Review basic science advances and their clinical implications in one place and get dependable, evidence-based guidance with the integrated chapter format that readers of Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology have always appreciated.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the "whys" and "hows" of rheumatic disease management with detailed coverage of the very latest breakthroughs and the newest clinical algorithms.
- Apply the latest therapeutic advances through new chapters in bioengineering and tissue engineering, as well as up-to-date coverage of gout and disease-modifying drugs.
- Learn how the study of biomarkers across populations can help you detect diseases earlier and with greater accuracy with a new chapter on epigenetics.
- Diagnose, monitor, and manage rheumatic disease more effectively with expanded information on the use of ultrasound and other imaging modalities.
Better manage your patients with in-depth understanding of today's scientific underpinnings of rheumatic diseases using latest advancements in bioengineering, epigenetics and disease-modifying drugs.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.
Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Rheumatology, Third Edition (LANGE CURRENT Series) see details » « hide
The most up-to-date and readily accessible rheumatology resource available
The third edition of this coveted quick-reference guide has everything you need to keep pace with this fast-moving field—presented in the acclaimed CURRENT format. A practice-pertinent reference for primary care providers, the book simplifies the treatment of difficult-to-manage rheumatologic diseases and disorders, such as arthritis, lupus, and sarcoidosis.
- NEW full-color photographs
- NEW chapters on clinical genetics, drug-induced syndromes, and metabolic myopathies
- Straightforward, expert coverage of the entire range of rheumatology disorders
- Full explanations of common and major disorders in clinical immunology
- Concise chapters geared to the needs of trainees and clinicians
- First section that addresses common but difficult-to-diagnose rheumatologic complaints—and delivers key “approach to the patient” strategies
Harrison's Rheumatology, Second Edition see details » « hide
Rheumatology--with all the authority of HARRISON'S
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
Featuring the chapters on rheumatology that appear in Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e, this compact clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field, backed by the scientific rigor and reliability that have defined Harrison's. Inside you'll find coverage that reflects the expertise of renowned editors and contributors--presented in a carry-anywhere format that makes it ideal for the classroom, the wards, or exam/certification preparation.
- Current, thorough coverage of need-to-know immunology and rheumatology topics, including the immune system in health and disease, disorders of immune-mediated injuries, and disorders of the joints and adjacent tissues
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management topics in each of the disease-oriented topics
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance
- 60+ high-yield questions and answers drawn from Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine Self-Assessment and Board Review, 17e
- Content and reference updates since the publication of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17e
- 23 chapters written by physicians who have made seminal contributions to the body of knowledge in their areas of expertise
Anthony S. Fauci, MD
Eugene Braunwald, MD
Dennis L. Kasper, MD
Stephen L. Hauser, MD
Dan L. Longo, MD
J. Larry Johnson, MD, PhD
Joseph Lascalzo, MD, PhD